Welcome to the official site of the 20th Jubilee NATE-Russia International Conference!
The conference is co-hosted by Voronezh State University (VSU) and Voronezh Association of Teachers of English (VATE).
Voronezh will host such a conference for the third time. We hosted the 4th Conference “The Pleasures and Joys of TESOL” in 1997 and the 13th Conference “Teaching Professional English – Enjoying Professional Communication” in 2007. So in spring 2014 we’ll be very glad to see in Voronezh both our old and new friends.
The motto of the coming conference is «Festival of Teaching, Festival of NATE» and we promise everybody unforgettable moments of ELT festival in Voronezh.
The conference will include plenary sessions, workshops, section meetings, round-table discussions, electronic materials presentations, ELT resources exhibition and social events.
Welcome to Voronezh 2014! Welcome to ELT festival!
Conference Content Areas
- Research in Language Theories and Practices
- New Trends in Teaching English at Universities
- Developing Intercultural Competence
- Computer Assisted Language Learning
- Developing Translator’s Competence
- Pre-service and In-service Teacher Training
- Innovations in Teaching English at Schools
- Integrating Basic and Additional Language Programs
- Making Teaching a Festival
The Cultural Program
The Cultural Program (Visiting of Voronezh Oceanarium) is planned on April, 26.
The working language of the Conference is English.
Conference registration is closed.
NATE members: 300 Rub
Non-NATE members: 400 Rub
Students/ Post-graduate Students: 150 Rub
Registration fee covers:
- Participant’s Pack
- Coffee Breaks
- Opening Reception
- Prizes-for-all Lottery at the Closing Ceremony
- Publication of Conference Abstracts
- A Tour of Voronezh (for non-Voronezh Participants)
Conference Team reminds all conference participants that Conference opening will take place at 11.00 a.m. on April, 23 in the Assembly Hall of Voronezh State University (the Main Building of the University – Universitetskaya pl., 1, 3rd floor)
Registration and conference bags pick up will begin at 9.00 a.m. in the University Conference Hall (2nd floor)
How to get to the University main building from the hotels
- If your hotel is “Agat” (Srednemoskovskaya, 30), leave the hotel, go up to Plekhanovskaya St. Cross the street and take bus #64, 27 or trolley-bus # 7. Your bus stop is «ВГУ». Go up to the University main building.
- If you hotel is “Agat” (Koltsovskaya, 24), leave the hotel and go up to Revolutionary Avenue. Take there minibus #100 or trolleybus #4, 8. Your bus stop is «ВГУ». Go up to the University main building.
- If your hotel is “Don”, leave the hotel, turn left and go straight up to the University main building. It is a 5-minute-walk.
- If your hotel is “Voronezh”, leave the hotel, turn right and go straight up to Plekhanovskaya St. There turn left and go up to the University main building. It is a 5-minute-walk.
- If your hotel is “Stroitel”, leave the hotel, turn right and go up to 25 Oktyabrya St. Then turn left and go up to Revolutionary Avenue. Cross the street and take minibus #100 or trolleybus #4,8. Your bus stop is «ВГУ». Go up to the University main building.
NATE 2014 conference team is launching the contest of volunteers among Voronezh State University students to work as personal guides for foreign conference participants and help with other conference issues.
To be eligible one should have a good command of English, certain communicative skills as well as be aware of the main Voronezh places of interest.
Students interested in volunteering at the conference should fill in the Volunteer Form till March 19, 2014. The final decision will be made after live interview to be held during the period from March 20 till March 25.
Travel Grant Opportunities